USA Today Gets Updated to V1.6 For MangoOctober 31, 2011 No Comments
USA Today must love Windows Phone! Not only did they hit Mango status earlier this month but before the month of October was over they snuck another one in there. The USA Today app has been updated to version 1.6 which brings landscape supported, visual feedback on videos and much more.
Updates in version 1.6 for Mango:
- Ability to disable weather flip on primary live tile
- Ability to pin all galleries as secondary live tiles
- Landscape view support for articles
- Fixed a couple crashes
- Ability to re-enable background task if manually disabled
- Visual feedback added to Video tiles
You get all aspects of the news with this app â€“ World news, Local, Sports Weather and it even has a social feel to it as it adds email, Text, Facebook and Twitter as ways to share with your friends and family. So that app isnâ€™t only beautiful to look at but thereâ€™s alot to do and see within the app. Read our full review
The latest news stories, sports scores, weather and photos youâ€™ve come to expect from USA TODAY are now available for your Windows Phone. Staying informed on the go has never been this quick, easy or enjoyable.
- Browse and read stories from News, Money, Sports, Life, Tech and Travel.
- Stories can be shared via email, text message, Twitter, or Facebook.
- Review the latest sports scores for NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, college football and college basketball.
- Filter college scores down to your favorite conferences.
- Get live weather conditions, up-to-the minute personal radar and the five day forecast at your current location, or for a set of your favorite locations.
- Review national weather maps including Doppler radar, temperature and
- Flip through the dayâ€™s best photos from news, sports, celebrities, science, travel and weather or play them back as a slideshow.
- Share your favorite photo galleries with friends via email.
USA TODAY Snapshots
- Scan through USA TODAY Snapshots, and vote on a poll question for each.
- Review responses from all users.