Mango Apps: Birdsong Gets Updated (Twitter Client)October 14, 2011 No Comments
I use Birdsong as my personal Twitter client on Windows Phone and I have been dying for it to get updated to Mango for the fast app switching. It is finally here and it packs more features than just fast app switching…
- Fast switching One of Mango’s biggest features, allows you to return to Birdsong from another application quickly and with the application state entact.
- t.co link wrapping Twitter recently decided to “wrap” all links within tweets in their own link shortener – http://t.co. This had the result that users couldn’t see the actual link users had tweeted, which meant our internal image detection and viewing broke. We now fully support t.co links, showing previews of the link behind the t.co link in tweet text and re-enabling image detection/viewing. Rest assured however that when you follow a link in Birdsong, the t.co link is executed – so you still benefit from Twitters filtering on any links they discover to be malicious.
- Browser configuration You can now configure whether to use the internal browser or launch IE directly. The default is now IE as fast app swtiching makes this a much nicer experience.
- TogglingÂ FavouriteÂ had broken due to a change in the Twitter API
- Added Japanese Language support
- Added integrated picture viewing support forÂ http://instagr.am/
You can download Birdong on the Windows Phone marketplace for $0.99 cents
Birdsong is the premium Twitter app for Windows Phone. Quick, integrated and powerful.
Live tile and push notifications
High performance, infinite scrolling
Integrated picture viewing
Bing Maps integration
Share photos with TwitPic integration
Integrated web browser
Status Bar: unread message counts
Integrated with theme/accent color
Configurable timeline font size
Share tweets/DM via email or SMS
Tags: Birdsong, live tile, Mango, push notification, Red Badger, Twitter, windows phone 7, windows phone 7.5, WP7News