Pictures Lab Drops Price in Celebration of it’s One Year AnniversaryOctober 13, 2011 No Comments
One of the first apps available on the Windows Phone marketplace was Pictures Lab. Now to celebrate their 1 year anniversary, they have dropped the price from $1.99 to $0.99 cents. That is a great deal on an app that still is one of the best photo editing apps for Windows Phone.
You can try the app for free on the marketplace but you cant save till you purchase it
The ultimate picture effects app for all device types! MSNBC.com wrote: â€œa Swiss Army knife of photo tweaksâ€.Â If you like to make beautiful photos, then this app is a perfect addition to your phoneâ€™s toolset. Pictures Lab provides you with more than 300 different modifications for your photos and the WP 7.5 Mango version has a built-in take photo functionality with face detection auto focus, steady mode and much more. Pictures Lab isÂ the original with high quality filters, features and great user experience. Itâ€™s fast and responsive and you quickly get your job done with just a few gestures. Often been copied, but never reached.
Engadget.com: â€œa must-have for WP7 devices â€¦ the program provides a set of amazing effects and tweaks for your photosâ€
Gizmodo.com : â€œPictures Lab offers a ton of effects for your money.â€
Microsoft uses Pictures Lab in its presentations as a â€œdelightful appâ€ which â€œLooks and feels like an integral part of Windows Phone 7â€³. â€œUncluttered, polished experienceâ€.
The app comes with almost 30 controllable, easy-to-use, but advanced effects like different vintage and hipster-like filters, Tilt Shift (miniature faking), HDR, Lomo, Soften, Auto Adjust, Sharpen, Comic, Bulge, B&W, Sepia and many more. Dynamic previews of the effects are shown in a list, making it possible to easily pick the right one. The high quality borders are also presented in a nice preview list and can be combined with any filter and any aspect ratio.
It is also possible to crop, rotate and flip images. An enhanced picture and the EXIF data can be saved to the phoneâ€™s pictures hub or shared directly on Facebook, Twitter and other social networks. The app performs the image processing on the original picture in its original resolution, thus making it also possible to print the image or use it as desktop wallpaper.
Full Pictures Hub Apps integration and support for landscape and portrait orientation. Trial version with complete functionality.
Full Feature List:
- 29 advanced effects: Ten different vintage and hipster-like effects, Tilt Shift (miniature faking), HDR, Lomo, Soften, Auto Adjust, Sharpen, Comic, Bulge, B & W, Sepia, Manual, Edge Detection, Night Vision, Rainbow, Mirror, X-Ray, Heat Image, Negative and Bitmap.
- Editable effect parameters with ready-to-use default values.
- 11 high quality borders.
- Share on Facebook, Twitter and other social networks.
- Crop, rotate and flip.
- The WP 7.5 Mango version has a built-in take photo functionality with face detection auto focus, steady mode, rule of thirds grid. The steady mode requires a device with a gyroscope. The face focus is enabled if the device supports focus at point.
- Multi-touch manipulation for Tilt Shift and other effects where multi-touch is meaningful.
- The app can save edited pictures with advanced effects applied in full resolution even on a device with 256 MB RAM. Thus making it also possible to print the image or use it as desktop wallpaper.
- Full Pictures Hub Extras integration.
- The trial version includes the complete functionality and all the effects, only the save functionality is disabled.
- Support for landscape and portrait orientation.
- Effect list with dynamic previews and caching of the larger previews.
- Flicking through the effects on the main page.
- Setting for the maximum output size, JPEG quality and many more.
- State preservation when the app is deactivated (tombstoning).
- Localization for English and German.
Tags: Apps, Editing, Mango, Photo, Photo Editing, Picture Editing, Pictures Lab, price drop, Windows PhoneApps, News