Microsoft’s Entire Suite of Office Apps Coming to SymbianSeptember 9, 2011 1 Comment
Believe me when I say Nokia is ready and itching to go on making Windows Phone their primary focus. The side-effect though are the countless symbian users and developers that still love their good old operating system. Nokia though as not forgotten aboutÂ Symbian, together with Microsoft they are taking the necessary steps to support it at-least until 2016.
‘Today, Nokia and Microsoft announced that they would deliver Symbian software updates called Microsoft Apps. These updates will add some serious business productivity tools for anyone buying a new Symbian Belle device, as well as anybody looking to upgrade from Symbian Anna to Symbian Belle.’ – Nokia
Microsoft and Nokia will make Microsoft’s entire office sweet available as native download starting late this year with the following apps
- MicrosoftÂ® Lyncâ„¢ 2010 Mobile â€“ for cost efficient IM, presence, audio and web meetings on-the-go.
- MicrosoftÂ® PowerPointÂ® Broadcast â€“ quick broadcast of presentations directly from PC to mobile.
- MicrosoftÂ® OneNoteâ„¢ â€“ rich note taking with images. Syncs with MicrosoftÂ® SkyDriveÂ®.
- MicrosoftÂ® Document Connection â€“ single view to documents stored on mobile, including email attachments as well as documents on MicrosoftÂ® SharePointÂ® 2010 sites.
- Microsoft OneNote sync with SharePoint (in addition to SkyDrive)
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Nokia also goes on to say that this move will also make it easier on Symbian users who then move on to Windows Phone by getting them used to these kind of apps from now. I really like this move and hopefully after Symbian users use these amazing apps they will be more willing to try Windows Phone in the future.