Guardly App (Mobile Personal Safety) Launches on Windows PhoneAugust 26, 2011 No Comments
The Guardly app has just been released to the Windows Phone marketplace. The app is a mobile safety app that when launched it takes care of almost everything for you in case of an emergency. It reaches out to emergency units with location, reaches out to your emergency contacts, etc. The app is free to download but the service costs only $1.99/month or $19.99/year. NotÂ a bad price for something that can end up saving your life.
Guardly Mobile Personal Safety App Now Available for BlackBerry Smartphones and Windows Phone 7
Personal safety service reduces response time in an emergency with 1-tap access to trusted safety networks.
Guardly Personal Safety App for Smartphones
Toronto, Ontario (PRWEB) August 24, 2011
Guardly is now available for download from BlackBerry App World and from the Windows Phone Marketplace in the United States and Canada. Today, Guardly becomes the first mobile personal safety service in North America to offer cross-platform support and availability on Apple iOS, BlackBerry and Windows Phone 7 devices. Guardly enables smartphones users in an emergency to instantly alert, connect and collaborate with their trusted personal safety network and authorities with only a single tap on their device.
Available for iPhone since April 2011, Guardly has been widely adopted by students, real estate agents, social workers, travelers, those afraid to walk alone at night or concerned about dating or domestic violence. â€œDomestic violence can happen to anyone, regardless of age, background, or socioeconomic status,â€ said Becky Lee the Founder of Washington D.C.-based Becky’s Fund. â€œWeâ€™re excited to work with Guardly to positively impact and prevent domestic violence in our communities and college campuses through the power of technology.â€
â€œNot every emergency or situation requires 9-1-1 and sometimes friends, family members or neighbors who are nearby can respond to a call for assistance even faster,â€ says Josh Sookman, Guardly Founder and CEO. â€œWeâ€™ve created a mobile alarm and monitoring service that accompanies you at home or on-the-go and thatâ€™s designed to be quickly accessible in an emergency, when seconds really matter.â€
Price Reduction for Guardly Connect Subscriptions
Guardly has worked closely with its partners to reduce the costs of delivering its subscription service. Weâ€™re proud to announce that we are transferring those savings to our subscribers. Guardly Connect is now available for $1.99/month or $19.99/year, reduced from $9.99/month or $99.99/year.
Guardly is a free download and includes Guardly Alerts â€“ a free service â€“ that provides the ability to send location-based emergency alerts to up to 15 emergency contacts by voice call, SMS and email. Guardly Connect is an upgrade that delivers a stronger sense of security by connecting you to these same people through voice conference, instant messaging and real-time location data with a single tap on your BlackBerry, Windows Phone 7 or iOS device.
Guardly is highly configurable and makes it easy to create groups of contacts that will receive emergency alerts or participate in real-time emergency response efforts. Guardly also provides a simple way to run simulations of the system, so that users and their safety networks can get acquainted with how Guardly works during an emergency incident.
Whoâ€™s using Guardly?
- Megan is a student at St. Philipâ€™s College where sheâ€™s training to be an ultrasound technician. She gets nervous walking home late at night, and never takes classes that end after sunset. Megan loves that Guardly on her smartphone is like having the campus blue light security system in her back pocket.
- Jennifer is a twenty-something PR professional in Vancouver who likes to hike and jog the trails near Whistler, B.C. Often alone, she wants to be protected in case she runs into danger in a remote area. Guardly gives Jennifer peace of mind and has become her trusted safety companion.
- Michael is a 59 year-old BlackBerry-toting sales executive from San Francisco with chronic heart disease. He lives each day knowing that, at any moment, he may need immediate medical attention. Mike lives alone, but has confidence that Guardly can instantly call the authorities as well as neighbors who can often arrive before paramedics to provide life-saving assistance.
Availability on other Smartphone Platforms
Guardly for iPhone and iPod Touch was released in April 2011 and can be downloaded from the Apple App Store. Guardly for Android is in development and will be announced shortly.
Guardly is a venture-backed company based in Toronto, Canada. Guardlyâ€™s platform for emergency communication facilitates rapid social, mobile and location-aware responses to calls for assistance. Smartphone users that find themselves in an emergency situation can alert, connect and collaborate with local authorities as well as their own personal safety networks in a single tap. Guardly is committed to dramatically decreasing the amount of time it takes responders to arrive at an emergency. The company is a member of the National Emergency Number Association (NENA) and is based in Toronto, Canada. For more information visit: http://guardly.com.
As featured in the New York Times, Guardly is a new mobile personal safety service that helps you alert, connect and then collaborate with your family, friends and authorities during an emergency with a single tap to your Windows Phone.
With Guardly, alerted parties can collaborate in real-time by conference call, instant messaging and map-based, location-aware positioning to coordinate response plans between you and your responders in an emergency.
Ideal for students, young professionals, travellers, sports enthusiasts, or anyone who frequently walks alone at night, is concerned about dating safety, is responsible for children, may find themselves in abusive relationships or is faced with medical conditions or even a natural disaster.
Guardly Alerts is a free service that includes the following features:
- Emergency alerts: Send location-based emergency alerts via voice call, SMS and email to your personal safety network;
- Guardly Connect is a subscription service that includes the following key features and services:
- One-tap activation: Guardly alerts two safety networks simultaneously – a userâ€™s personal safety network by voice, SMS and email, and 9-1-1 or any other emergency phone number;
- Contact collaboration: Users can collaborate with emergency contacts in real-time by conference call, instant messaging and map-view showing nearby locations of responders;
- LocationAssureâ„¢: Guardly uses GPS, cell-tower triangulation and WiFi hotspots to find a userâ€™s real-time location for the entire duration of an emergency incident, even if the user is on the phone with 9-1-1;
- NetworkAssureâ„¢: Built-in intelligence to detect network failures and wait until a signal is present to transmit data and make calls to 9-1-1 to ensure users are connected to their safety network;
- Auto-dial emergency services including 9-1-1;
- Photo sharing: Users can share photos with their personal safety network instantly and securely.
Tags: 911, Emergency, Free Apps, Guardly, Life SafetyApps, News