Homebrew: NES Emulator vNesLight – Beta Now Available for DownloadJuly 6, 2011 No Comments
Recently we published an article about agameboy emulator called Wario’s Jewels 7that was available. Now we get word that Nudua from the XDA forums has an NES emulator named vNesLightÂ that he is working on. The BETA is available right now…Â
As of now the developer states that this is only available for unlocked phones running Mango. The Beta has a few small known bugs like:
- Does not run at full speed, but getting near, results may vary on different devices. (kinda feels like running on PAL)
- The virtual controller can be terrible, there is no strafeing etc., will be fixed.
- Sound has been disabled for now, because of the speed issue.
- Things like save states are not done yet, but it does work well with the Mango multitasking.
Adding games to the app is also pretty simple…
- Make a zip file named “nesgames.zip” containing all your nes roms. (no folders)
- Open the vneslightbeta1.xap file in winzip (right click and open with)
- Drag and drop the “nesgames.zip” file into the winzip window to replace the original “nesgames.zip”
- Deploy it to your phone
You can learn more about vNesLight and try the Beta version at the XDA forums