Massive Update for 4th & Mayor App on WP7June 29, 2011 No Comments
4th & Mayor the popular Foursquare app has recieved a huge update from it’s developer Jeff Wilcox. If you enjoyed using 4th & Mayor before, you will definetly get a kick out of it now. below are a few of the new features detailed on Jeff Wilcox’s blog.
- The â€˜placesâ€™ are gone from the main page â€“ thereâ€™s a new check-in experience now, just touch the â€œcheck-inâ€ button at the bottom of the main page to open up the list of nearby places (itâ€™s fast!)
- This retires the dedicated â€˜Shoutâ€™ button â€“ Foursquareâ€™s decided that going forward it makes more sense to only attach shouts to check-ins, so thatâ€™s where it is
- Trending places near you have moved away from the check-in experience and into the â€˜exploreâ€™ feature
- Explore adds the new Outdoors category
- Explore now holds both nearby specials as well as the trending places nearby, instead of those polluting the nearby places list
Faster, more responsive
Big performance improvements; the instant you touch the display, there will be a reaction; no longer is the delay that many people were seeing with the original series of the app.
Super quick way to check-in
It is now faster than ever to check-in to a place.
- Start 4th & Mayor
- As soon as it appears, touch the â€˜Check-inâ€™ button in the application bar â€“ even before your friendsâ€™ list loads!
- Select a place to sign in
- Quick sign-in, or do a more complete sign-in
The nearby places list now shows a lot more places than before, loads quickly, and it will update as you walk around â€“ the location should be more accurate now. Also, thereâ€™s an â€œadd venueâ€ button, â€œsearchâ€, and refresh, all at the top.
To check-in to a temporary place (â€œvenuelessâ€) without adding it to the 4sq database,
- Search for a place
- Move to the bottom of any search results
- Select the â€˜check-in here anywayâ€™ choice, without adding to the foursquare database
Note that â€˜Quick Sign-Inâ€™ now respects your preferences for notifying Twitter and/or Facebook about your check-inâ€™s â€“ this is a new change from the v1 series.
Add photos to your check-ins finally
Check-in photos (as many as you want) can be added to your own check-inâ€™s. Note that your friends can see these, and when they go to the same place and look at â€œphotosâ€, theyâ€™ll see any check-in photos you may have posted there.
4th and Mayor is the ultimate Foursquare client for Windows Phone, created by Jeff Wilcox in Seattle. Enjoy foursquare even more thanks to a fresh user experience and interface that works the way your Windows Phone intended.
- Accurate location reporting more often
- More responsive
- Replaces the Places pivot page with a dedicated Check In button and experience
- Lets you add photos to check-ins
- Expore profiles, including leaderboard progress, favorite categories and top places of friends
- Quick check-in respects your sharing preferences
- International users now get the complete maps experience, too
- Fixes a crash when checking in to a place too quickly
- Retires the dedicated Shout button
- Revamped user experience and interface
- Many, many other improvements and bug fixes – thanks for the bug reports!
- Explore is updated, adds the Outdoors item, moves Trending Now and Specials into new items
Are you new to foursquare?Foursquare is a service that helps you find new ways to explore your city by checking in to places that you enjoy. You can find out more at http://www.foursquare.com/
This application uses the foursquareâ„¢ application programming interface but is not endorsed or certified by Foursquare Labs, Inc.