WP7 Connect App of the Week: Couch to 10KJune 24, 2011 No Comments
School is almost out and it’s almost time to start hitting the beach. Need an app to create a running program for you while giving you some much needed motivation. We have the perfect app for you this week – Couch to 10K! It costs $3 on the marketplace but it is so well worth it. It is a well design program to get you in gear and running even if you aren’t used to exercising.
I have been following this program and can honestly say that so far I am impressed. I have made attempts at running before without the conditioning and I always give up rather quickly. This app takes it slow and not only builds your stamina but the confidence in yourself. I have two issues with this app.Â - READ OUR REVIEW
Version 1.2 (New voice cues, improved music support with pauses, coded vibrator alerts, Turn-for-home notification).
Version 1.1 (Improved locked screen support, runs fine when screen is locked).
Couch to 10K is a neat little app that is designed to get couch potatoes off the couch and out running. Itâ€™s a clever system designed to never strain your body out. The workout sessions in this program alternate between short bouts of walking and running to get you acclimatized and slowly back into shape. Thirteen weeks in and you will be running 10km (thatâ€™sâ€™ a bit more than 6 miles) flat out!
What this app does for you -
* Coaches you on when to run, walk, warm-up or cool-down (using voice prompts, large onscreen icons, or pulse coded vibrator alerts).
* Feature a large â€˜time remainingâ€™ countdown timer to help keep you motivated â€“ so can tell yourself its only so far to go.
* Tells you when it is time to turn around and head for home (with voice cue and a turn home icon on screen)
* Keeps track of what workouts you finished and when so it can tell you when you need to run next.
* Keeps a log of your workout history with this app.
* If you get a call and you have to leave the program it can start off right where you left off.
Help you rediscover the pure joy of running â€“ remember when you were six and wanted to run everywhere?
If you like this app, there are a few more in this series that might interest you â€“ Vimuktiâ€™s Couch to 5K, Ease to 10K, Bridge to 10K. Look out for them on the Market place!Tags: App of the Week, Apps, couch to 10k, exercise, jogging, Reviews, running, windows phone 7, WP7Apps