Microsoft Gives Devs Opportunity to Have Apps Featured in the MarketplaceApril 5, 2011 No Comments
I’ve always wondered what criteria has to be met in order for an app to be featured in the Marketplace. Microsoft is now giving developers a chance to submit their apps within the next three months to be featured in the Marketplace. Obviously there is always criteria to be met:
- There will be three opportunities: April, May, and June 2011.
- Your App must be published to the Windows Phone Marketplace by the 15th of each month (by 11:59 PM PST).
- Your App must work as promised.
- Your App must be new to the Marketplace or be a new version with substantial, new features or capabilities as described below in the “Quality Apps” section.
- You then email the following information to Spring Cleaning (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Your App Hub Live ID (no passwords, please)
- Application ID
- New app or update to an existing app?
- (if update) What major new features have you added?
- Uses Live Tile: (yes or no)
- Uses Panorama: (yes or no)
- Uses Pivot: (yes or no)
- How does your app delight users?
Not every app will be selected for merchandising or promotion. However, sending us this information tells us that you think your app has what it takes to be promoted and merchandised. It also means that we’ll take the time to review your app to see if we think it should be promoted. The best apps that combine Functionality + Features + Great Windows Phone UX will be promoted in the following weeks.
We’re excited by all of the great apps that we’re seeing delivered to the Windows Phone Marketplace. â€œSpring Cleaningâ€ gives the best apps a chance to received increased visibility and downloads.
We look forward to seeing what you create!
I know a lot of developers are going to submit to have their apps featured, and they should. This is an awesome opportunity to get your app gaining momentum. Good luck!Tags: Apps, Games, Marketplace, Microsoft, spring cleaning, windows phone 7, WP7Apps, Games, How To