How to Get NoDo on Unlocked HTC PhonesMarch 23, 2011 No Comments
As of now we know that Microsoft is sending out the Nodo in phases. How their phasing system works we have no clue. Alls we know is that unbranded phones seem to be getting the update first.Â If you just can’t take the waiting the folds over at ChevronWP7 have figured out a way to get your update even before it gets to you from Microsoft. It basically involves a hack to unbrand your phone so that you can have access to the NoDo update but it only works for developer phones. Here’s how to do it:
Your device needs to be dev-unlocked for this to work.Â Sorry folks.
- Download this zip file and deploy the 3 xap files onto your device.
- Run the ChevronWP7.Ringtones.xap and wait till it displays â€œRingtones addedâ€¦ and CustClear.provxml underneathâ€
- Run the TouchXplorer app, navigate to My DocumentsMy Ringtones click on CustClear.provxml and select Copy from the Application Bar.
- Navigate back inside TouchXplorer to the Windows folder.
- Select paste from the Application Bar, this should scroll right to the bottom and put a copy of CustClear.provxml in the Windows folder.
- Now run the Connection Setup application and click on the Ok button (itâ€™s the one with the tick).
And now youâ€™re done and free to re-connect to Zune and check for updates.
Tags: Hack, HTC, nodo, windows phone 7, WP7, ZuneNews