Flory V2.0: Push Enabled – Fixed Facebook Authentication?March 22, 2011 No Comments
Recently we published a step by step guide on how to connect the Flory app to Facebook. For those of you who aren’t familiar with the app. Flory is an instant messenger client for GTalk and Facebook IM for your Windows Phone 7 device. It was touted as the app to take care of the black hole we have as IM offerings for our WP7 devices. Thing is that since launch the app has had a mountain of issues from bad authentication to no connection at all.
Flory has now released Version 2.0 which should take care of authentication and adds push notifications along with some other prettyÂ nice additions. They advise you disconnect all your services inside of Flory before you update the app. If you are still having issues, you can read our guide to get connected.
This version is a big step in our development and brings a complete redesign of the user interface and the implementation of the messaging protocols. Thatâ€™s why we decided to jump from version 1.6 to version 2.0. The following list is a summary of the changes made in the next version. We are looking forward to release it soon.
- Complete redesign of the contact list
- On/Off buttons for each supported protocol
- New Googletalk implementation
- New Facebook authentication (should fix most connections issues and allows connections outside Germany)
- Push-Notifications for Facebook IM
- Avatars for Facebook IM and Googletalk
- Status messages in chat view
- Improved landscape view for chats
- New language support: Spanish
Tags: Facebook, Flory, gtalk, Instant Messenger, WP7Apps