Samsung Focus Hack: Windows Phone 7 TetheringNovember 11, 2010 No Comments
PCworld published a story this morning on how you can hack your new Samsung Focus to allow tethering. Although this tethering workaround violates AT&T’s terms of service. Please use at your own risk….Â
The folks at Mobility Digest and Samsung HDBlog.itfigured out how to unlock USB tethering through Windows Phone 7 on Samsung’s Focus. First, you need to have Zune software installed on your PC, then perform the following steps:
- Dial ##634#
- In the diagnostics mode that opens up, enter *#7284# in the phone dialer.
- Switch to “Modem, Tethered Call” and wait for the phone to restart.
- Connect the phone to your PC via USB and wait for the drivers to install.
- Go to the settings for the Samsung modem. In Windows 7, this is found in Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center.
- Set the number to *99***1#, user name to WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM, and password to CINGULAR1, and connect.